Terminal City Glass Co-op Membership Guidelines
Terminal City Glass Co-Op welcomes all people who are interested in pursuing an
interest in glass arts. We are an inclusive community, that welcomes and values a diversity of people in its membership.
However, working in a cooperative environment is not foreveryone. People who thrive in a cooperative community will demonstrate the following
- Demonstrate reliability
- Communicate constructively
- Function as an active participant
- Show commitment to the team
- Cooperate and pitch in to help
- Exhibit flexibility
- Work as a problem-solver
- Treat others in a respectful and supportive manner
- Listen actively
- Share openly and willingly
We believe all reasonable people will understand the importance of developing a broad-based yet cohesive community. We will fairly review every membership application, but reserve the right to refuse membership at the discretion of the Co-operative.
Each prospective member will submit an Application for Membership. The application will include a requirement for 3 character references that can verify that the member is the kind of person that will thrive in a co-operative environment. Ideally, these character references will be from the following groups of people:
- Other people you know and have worked with in the glass arts community.
- Other people you have worked with closely in non-profit or similar type
- Employers, or co-workers who know how you work in team situations.
- Share purchase is only required once an application has been approved by the co-op.
- Each member of the Terminal City Glass Co-op is required to purchase 4 Membership Shares valued at $50.00 each for a total of $200.00.
- Should a member leave the co-op, these membership shares are refunded within 90 days of membership termination.
- Members can purchase additional shares in the co-op for $50.00 each.
- Each member is only entitled to one vote no matter how many shares they own.
Please note: Application processing time can between 4 - 6 weeks. Thanks for your patience.