Ottawa Glassblowing Co-op Membership Guidelines
The Ottawa Glassblowing Co-op welcomes all people who are interested in pursuing an interest in glass arts. We are an inclusive community that welcomes and values a diversity of people in its membership.
However, working in a co-operative environment is not for everyone. People who thrive in a co-operative community will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Communicate constructively
- Function as an active participant
- Show commitment to the team
- Cooperate and pitch in to help
- Exhibit flexibility
- Work as a problem-solver
- Treat others in a respectful and supportive manner
- Listen actively
- Share openly and willingly
We hope that all applicants will understand the importance of developing a broad-based yet cohesive community. We will fairly review every membership application, but reserve the right to refuse membership at the discretion of the co-operative.
Each prospective member will submit an Application for Membership. The application will include a requirement for 3 character references that can verify that the member is the kind of person that will thrive in a co-operative environment. Ideally, these character references will be from the following groups of people:
- Other people you know and have worked within the glass arts community.
- Other people you have worked with closely in non-profit or similar type organizations.
- Employers, or co-workers who know how you work in team situations.
Membership Application fee: a $50 non-refundable processing fee paid to the co-op upon application submission.
Member Loan: if approved, each member of the co-op is required to make a one-time Member Loan of $250. If desired, this loan is refundable within 90 days of termination of membership.
Annual Membership fee: each member of the co-op is required to pay an Annual administrative fee of $50. This fee is used to support recurring administrative expenses such as insurance, communication with members and the preparation of annual reports. This fee is non-refundable.
Please note: Application processing time can between 4 - 6 weeks. Thanks for your patience.