Using SuperSaaS on mobile devices
When using your online appointment schedule via a mobile device such as an iPhone or tablet, the system will automatically show a version optimized for handheld devices.
You do not need to configure any settings for your schedule to be usable on a mobile device. The mobile version can also be used on a desktop and vice versa.
Using the mobile version on a desktop
If you want to use the mobile version of your online appointment schedule on a desktop, you can force the this display by replacing
m.supersaas.com in the web address.
For example, if the link is www.supersaas.com/schedule/example, you would navigate to m.supersaas.com/schedule/example.
Any domain that starts with “m.” will cause the mobile version to display, so if you use a custom domain name for your schedule then you can add an additional custom domain that starts with “m.” to get that same capability.
Using the desktop version on a mobile device
On tablet devices with a large screen, such as an iPad, you may find it convenient to use the desktop version instead of the mobile version, provided that you have a fast internet connection.
You can switch a mobile device to the desktop version with the
d.supersaas.com in the link to your schedule.
Differences between the mobile version and the desktop version
The configuration pages have not been optimized for handheld devices; it is assumed that setup and configuration will be done on a desktop or laptop computer. You can still access them by clicking thelink at the bottom of the phone screen.
Putting your schedule on the home screen on an iPhone or iPad
If you frequently visit your appointment schedule on an iPhone it can be convenient to be able to launch it from an icon on the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- To do this, visit the link to your appointment schedule in the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad.
- When the page has finished downloading, click (or on devices with older versions of iOS) and select the option Add to Home Screen from the menu that appears.
- A SuperSaaS icon will appear on the home screen of your iPhone or iPad, as if it were an app. You can do this multiple times if you have multiple schedules. Clicking it will open your schedule.
Note that there is no need to go to the iTunes App store and download an app to do this.
Putting your schedule on the home screen of an Android device
To put your appointment schedule on the home screen of an Android device so you can access it with a single tap, take the following steps:
- Bookmark your appointment calendar page in the browser
- Go to the home screen you want to add the link to
- Long-press in an empty space to bring up the Add to Home Screen menu
- Select Shortcuts
- Select Bookmark
- Choose the bookmark created in the first step