Using SuperSaaS on mobile devices
When you visit a SuperSaaS schedule via a mobile device such as an iPhone or tablet, the system will automatically show a version optimized for handheld devices. So, there are no settings that need to be configured for your schedule to be usable on a mobile device. This mobile version, however, can also be used on a desktop and vice versa. When you frequently access your SuperSaaS schedule from a mobile device, it may be convenient to add an icon to your home screen for fast access.
Using the mobile version on a desktop
If you want to try out the mobile version of your schedule on a desktop, you can force the system to display the mobile version by replacing
m.supersaas.com in the web address of your calendar.
So if the link is www.supersaas.com/schedule/example you would navigate to m.supersaas.com/schedule/example.
Any domain that starts with “m.” will cause the handheld version to display, so if you use a custom domain name for your schedule then you can add an additional custom domain that starts with “m.” to get that same capability.
Using the desktop version on a mobile device
On tablet devices with a large screen, such as the iPad, you may find it convenient to use the desktop version instead of the mobile version, provided that you have a fast internet connection.
You can switch a mobile device to the desktop version with the
d.supersaas.com in the link to your schedule.
Differences between the mobile version and the desktop version
The configuration pages have not been optimized for handheld devices; it is assumed that setup and configuration will be done on a desktop or laptop computer. You can still access them by clicking thelink at the bottom of the phone screen.
Putting SuperSaaS on the home screen on an iPhone or iPad
If you frequently visit your schedule on an iPhone it can be convenient to be able to launch it from an icon on the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- To do this, visit the link to your schedule in the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad.
- When the page has finished downloading, click (or on devices with older versions of iOS) and select the option Add to Home Screen from the menu that appears.
- A SuperSaaS icon will appear on the home screen of your iPhone or iPad, as if it were an app. Clicking it will open your schedule. You can do this multiple times if you have multiple schedules.
Note that there is no need to go to the iTunes App store and download an app to do this.
Putting SuperSaaS on the home screen of an Android device
To put a SuperSaaS schedule on the home screen of an Android device so you can access it with a single tap, take the following steps:
- Bookmark the SuperSaaS calendar page in the browser
- Go to the home screen you want to add the link to
- Long-press in an empty space to bring up the Add to Home Screen menu
- Select Shortcuts
- Select Bookmark
- Choose the bookmark created in the first step